VANCOUVER – March 25, 2009 – Vitrium Systems, a leading PDF-technology vendor, today announced the release of protectedpdf Small Business Edition, a web-based application that allows content providers of books, magazines, white papers, reports, data sheets, and other publications to define and modify reader access rights to their valuable content. Vitrium is now the only company offering PDF protection that does not require readers to use third-party software to view files.
For a free trial visit http://www.protectedpdf.com.
Whether protectedpdf users want to limit the number of computers a PDF can be viewed on, disable printing or set permissions for a multitude of other items, protectedpdf makes it quick, easy and economical to protect, track, and know who is reading your PDFs. The service is accessed entirely via the Internet and requires no software installations or downloads. Users simply login to the protectedpdf web site, upload their PDFs, choose protection options and download the protected PDF for distribution. The PDF may be emailed as an attachment, posted to a website, burned onto a CD/DVD, saved to a flash/USB drive etc. for distribution, as you normally would do.
“From sensitive research reports to educational materials, PDF technology is the standard used for digital publishing,” said Peter Nieforth, Co-Founder and CEO of Vitrium. ” Protectedpdf gives content owners the tools they need to distribute their information while retaining control of their valuable content.”
Protectedpdf allows readers to access protected PDFs without having to download any special plug-ins, proprietary readers, viewers, or other additional software. In addition, publishers may modify or revoke rights including the ability to view or print a PDF after a document has been published and distributed.
protectedpdf Small Business Edition features:
– No software to download or plug-ins to install
– Documents are viewable in Adobe Reader, which reduces support costs
– Know who is reading your documents and when
– Know when your documents are being shared
– Reader Access Log to track PDF activity
– Define the number of computers able to access a document
– Disable text copying and document printing
– Page-Level protection: protect selected pages of a PDF or the entire document
– Customizable Dynamic Watermarking for viewing and printing
– Protect multiple PDFs simultaneously
– Modify or revoke the rights after the document has been distributed
– Built on the Microsoft SharePoint platform
To purchase protectedpdf Small Business Edition or for a free 7-day trial, please visit www.protectedpdf.com.
About Vitrium Systems
Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Vitrium Systems is a private company specializing in electronic document software built using the patent pending protectedpdf technology. For more information about Vitrium, visit www.vitrium.com. For more information about Vitrium’s protectedpdf, visit www.protectedpdf.com.
Subscribe To Beneath The Cover's Blog
Join the many publishers and authors who already get their updates sent straight to their inbox. Enter your email address below: